The city is in the middle of the Caspian Sea. It is the first and largest off shore oil town ever built. It was commissioned by Stalin in 1949. The city is a web of oil platforms and bridges connecting everything. The Oil Rocks has 2,000 oil rigs and 300 kilometers of bridges. The town has 2,500 inhabitants and after 60 years continues their work. They are working to renovate the entire town with the help of the oil money. Oil Rocks has a cultural palace, a lemonade factory, and a green park.